NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES EFFECTIVE IN THE FALL OF 2020: JAZZ IMPROV moved to a new time and day, Moodswing Orchestra is half an hour earlier, Guitar Lessons are half an hour earlier, the Rock Band has a new name and we will be booking all Community Concerts outdoors and playing to small, socially distanced audiences.
- TUESDAY – Ukulele Lessons 4-4:45pm, Ukulelians 5-6:30pm & Moodswing Chorus 7-9pm
- WEDNESDAY – Each one Teach One (by request) 10-11, Beginner Band Lessons 11-12, Skills Band 12-1, Fundamentals 1-3 & Eclectics 3:15-5:15
- THURSDAY – Jazz Improv 1-2, Moodswing Orchestra 7 – 8:30 pm
- FRIDAY – Haywires 2-4 & Minds at Work 4-6pm
- SUNDAY – Recovery Rock Band 2-4pm, Guitar Lessons 4:00-5:30 & Open Mic 6-8pm
Check the calendar in Get The Beat newsletter for specific dates, special events and summer programs: http://www.friendsofmusic.ca/newsletters/
FRIENDS OF MUSIC WELCOMES VOLUNTEERS:
- Musicians can play a supportive role in one of our many groups
- The Board of Directors is welcoming new people to join the Board. The Board meets the first Monday of each month at 7 pm at EMP. 2328 Trent St. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Our Volunteer Board organizes fundraisers throughout the year.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 250-592-5114.
OPEN MIC ON SUNDAYS
A chance to explore your experience with mental health through jamming and meeting others who are also interested in music. Bring your own band, join in with other musicians or be part of the audience.
Sundays from 6-8 pm (except long weekends)
Check out our Programs and our schedules on the Newsletter page!
SUPPORT FRIENDS OF MUSIC AND BECOME A MEMBER: Click below to download the current membership form. Memberships are due annually, on the anniversary of when you last paid.
Membership is only $10.00 per year for individuals!