Update of Tuesday March 31/ 2020
Friends of Music is completely on-board with the social distancing, to stop the spread of COVID-19. While some of us don’t mind a bit of solitude now and then, your music directors are busy converting their lessons, concerts and rehearsals over to a distance learning format. We are looking for your input. email@example.com Please be patient while we get this up and running. You should be receiving a phone-call or email seeking your specific input, depending on which groups you’re in. It’s looking like it could be longer than we expected, before we will be meeting in person.
Let’s keep the music going from a distance.
Update of Tuesday March 17/ 2020
FOM Programs, including concerts and rehearsals, are suspended effective immediately, for a minimum of 3 weeks. We are monitoring the situation and are prepared to end/extend the suspension, depending on the ever changing pandemic situation. Further:
- The FOM AGM is postponed until Thursday, June 11, 2020.
- FOM is postponing putting in an application to participate in the Victoria Day Parade.
The Board recognizes that these are extreme measures, but that this is an unique and extreme situation. Friends of Music has not had any cases of COVID-19 that we are aware of. The precaution to suspend programs has been made to give each member a role in protecting our older or more vulnerable members. Please keep in touch with each other by phone or email and find ways to keep music in your life. Leave your comments on FACEBOOK at FOM Music Society.
Update of Sunday March 15/2020
FRIENDS OF MUSIC’s Programs are carrying on, with increasing precautions to match the measures announced by the BC Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, re COVID-19. To clarify:
- Do not attend Friends of Music, if you have a cold or are not feeling well
- Do not attend Friends of Music if you have traveled outside Canada within the last 14 days.
- Do not attend Friends of Music if you have been asked to self-quarantine for any reason.
- Friends of Music will not participate in mass gatherings of over 250 people, as long as that Provincial Health Measure stays in place.
Watch for additional signage at our hand sanitizing and hand washing sites.
A musical band or group is a lot like a family. By taking these additional precautions, I hope that we can continue to make music together.
FOM MUSIC SOCIETY – MARCH 11/2020
STAYING HEALTHY during COVID-19
Here at Friends of Music, we value getting together to make music as a way to maintain mental health. This morning COVID-19 was upgraded to Pandemic status by the WHO. In light of this development, many of us could be wondering how this will affect our community and shared spaces. We plan to continue with our schedule as usual. To stay healthy and prevent the spread of infections, please follow these recommendations from the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water – often
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid others who are unwell
- Stay home when you are sick (even if you have mild cold or flu symptoms)
You can find more or updated information at:
Further, there is a hand sanitizer station in the EMP Theatre lobby, as you enter the building. Hand washing can also be done in the washrooms located in the lobby, the stage break room or the office.
Please feel free to use our Lysol wipes to wipe shared equipment, such as the piano or door knobs.
We’ll be updating our website www.friendsofmusic.ca as this emerging situation affects Friends of Music.
Janet Pryer, ED FOM Music Society